Your journey begins in San Antonio, a riverside city made up of equal parts Texan fun, history and oasis. We are pleased to present Maternal-Fetal Imaging 2014. Sharpen your imaging and diagnostic skills at this annual advanced OB-GYN ultrasound CME conference. Physicians and Sonographers will hone their ability to accurately detect anomalies in a variety of screening scenarios, including complicated and high risk situations. Using a case-based approach, faculty will cover imaging and diagnosis of abnormalities of critical fetal anatomical structures, with special emphasis on cardiac imaging. Obstetrical imaging during all phases of pregnancy will be also presented. Additionally, participants will explore the effective use of ultrasound in gynecologic evaluation. This engaging presentation of cases will deliver practical skills you can implement immediately when you get home. The combination of our highly rated expert faculty and our curriculum of progressive developments and evolving techniques in fetal imaging will keep you at the forefront of the field of ultrasound. We hope you will join us.
World Class CME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
World Class CME designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has assigned 19 cognate credits to this program. The College has a reciprocity agreement with the AMA that allows
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to be equivalent to College Cognate Credits.
Category A CE credit is pending approval by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) accepts all American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Category A credits and American Medical Association (AMA) Category 1 credits as fulfilling their requirements for continuing education (CE) credits.
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
· Identify the ultrasound appearance of gynecological anomalies including adenomyosis, fibroids and pelvic masses
· Understand the genetic basis of fetal anomalies and the rationale for first trimester genetic screening
· Identify ultrasound anatomy of the fetal heart and cardiac physiology.
· State the normal and abnormal imaging characteristics of fetal kidneys, thorax and genitalia and differentiate commonly seen pathology.
· Demonstrate routine scan protocols for performing first trimester scans
· Demonstrate normal fetal anatomy and apply appropriate measurement techniques for a biophysical profile to assess fetal dates and appropriate fetal development during 2nd & 3rd trimester obstetrical ultrasound examinations.
· List the indications and ultrasound findings for fetal CNS, abdominal or vascular abnormalities.
· Recognize genetic syndromes and fetal anomalies when performing fetal MRI.
Enjoy the weekend in the center of downtown San Antonio at The Westin Riverwalk. Located on San Antonio’s world famous Paseo del Rio, The Westin Riverwalk is in the perfect location to relax and recharge. Stroll along the pedestrian riverwalk to enjoy the beautiful cypress and palm trees, local shops, and sidewalk cafes. The Westin Riverwalk is conveniently located just minutes away from the Alamo, Market Square, the Convention Center, and some of San Antonio’s best shopping. Experience other San Antonio treasures like the South Flores Art District, San Antonio Botanical Garden, Natural Bridge Caverns, and the Mission Trail, all within reach from the conference hotel.